Monday, April 25, 2011

My Rite Aid Trip - Using Rewards Before They Expire

I posted on Facebook Saturday that I'd actually managed to go an entire week without shopping, ANYWHERE!  I have to admit I was impressed.  But, the truth is that I hadn't shopped because I hadn't felt good.  Last Sunday, I realized that my not feeling good the week before had allowed $9 in rewards (between Walgreens and Rite Aid) to expire without being used.  Weirdly, I wasn't that upset by it.  However, after posted on Saturday that I'd made it an entire week without shopping anywhere (even the grocery store) I figured I'd better check to make sure I didn't have any more rewards about to expire.  It was a good thing I checked, as I had $10 in +UPs for Rite Aid that were expiring that day.

I hadn't really looked at the ads very closely during week, so I took another look and I was happy to see the great Nivea deal (buy $15, get $5+UP), and figured that after coupons I'd be trading $6 in +UPs for $5 in +UPs, so that only left another $4 to spend.  That is, if I could find the Nivea, which I couldn't.

Two stores later I finally decided to just do it and here's what I ended up with.



  • 2 Dixie paper plates @ $3.59 each (after 10% wellness discount) = $7.18
  • 2 Post Great Grains cereals @ $4.29 BOGO = $4.29
    • (2) $1/1 Post Cereals
  • 2 4pks Cadbury Cream Eggs @ $1.99 each = $3.98
  • 2 Reese's peanut butter eggs @ $.50 each = $1
  • 2 CK kitchen tools @ $.90 each (after 10% wellness discount) = $1.80
  • 1 Diet Dr Pepper @ $1.34 (after 10% wellness discount) = $1.34
    • used $3/$15 survey coupon
    • used $10 in +UPs
Total Before Coupons & Discounts =  $28.98
Total After Discounts = $19.49
Total After Discounts & Coupons = $2.92 (95% savings)

Unfortunately, that used up all my +UPs, so I'll have to start over again with building them.  I was doing really well for several months there with rolling them regularly and keeping at least $10 worth at all times.  Luckily, Rite Aid seems to be the easiest of the drugstores for me to shop, so I'm sure I'll have them back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment