Monday, March 21, 2011

Spending Goals: March Week 3

I thought we were going to do ok this week, then we both decided we really wanted to change our eating habits.  So what is this going to mean for our stockpile? I don't know.  For now, it will stay put, luckily most of it is things we will eventually eat anyway.  The major change for both of us was the desire to incorporate more fruits and vegetables.  With that in mind, we spent about $30 at Kroger yesterday on nothing but fresh veggies (and a newspaper).

You can see my last update (for the first half of March) here.

  •  Publix - paid $49.46 for $110.63 worth of groceries (3/18)
  • Walgreens - paid $1.66 for 31.94 worth of products (3/19)
  • Rite Aid - paid $.32 for $34.69 worth of products (3/19)
  • Kroger - paid $29.92 for a whole lotta veggies (3/20)
So far for this month, we've spent $212.39 for $646.25 worth of groceries and drugstore items, for a savings rate of 71.34%.

I'm thinking that next week the only shopping I'll be doing will be drugstores (I've got plenty RR, ECBs & +UPs to spend).

2 comments:

  1. We seem to have a lot in common. I have fibromyalgia, too. It has definitely put a damper on our finances. I lost my job and have loads of medical bills. In addition, we have two kids in college and one in high school.

    I am following you and look forward to reading more. If you get a chance I would love it if you could check out my blog Let's Start Saving Now.

    Kelli
    www.LetsStartSavingNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli, yes it is rough. This last year has had a big impact on our finances. If you aren't already be sure to follow my Fibro blog as well - http://fibrokitty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete