Thursday, January 13, 2011

800 count Splenda for .99

Ok, so you won't be able to get a deal quite this good (probably) but I just had to share this. I'd heard before about Publix Promise before, whereby Publix guarantees that if during checkout, the scanned price of an item (excluding alcohol and tobacco products) exceeds the shelf price or advertised price, they will give the customer one of that item free. The remaining items will be charged at the lower price. This was my first time experiencing it.

Today while shopping I stopped to check the price on Splenda since I had such great coupons to make a deal with. There was a sign in front of the 200ct boxes pricing them at $4.99 (there were no dates on the sign), so I figured with my BOGO coupons and the $2/1 coupons I had, it was going to be a good deal already at 4 boxes for $6.

While ringing out I was watching the cashier do the coupons and she wrote $6.99 on the BOGo coupon. This would be great if I was getting $6.99 off and they were ringing at $4.99 but when I checked the screen I saw that they were ringing at $6.99 so I spoke up. The bagger ran back to check for the shelf tag and came back with it in-hand. It turns out that the tag had been left up from last week's sale. Around that time a supervisor came by and he started telling her what to do. The end result - 1 box for FREE! and the other 3 boxes at $4.99 and I still got all 4 of my coupons discounted. So all 4 boxes only cost me a whopping .99!

I love Publix more and more every time I go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment