Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spending Goals: Budget Check-Up

12 Weeks into the year and I don't feel like we are doing too bad, although I know we can do better.  At 12 weeks in, we've spent $826.29 on groceries and drugstore purchases.  That's $68.85/wk and about $76 more than we budgeted for.  Typically, when I go over budget, it comes out of my personal envelope.  Paul hates that I do this, but I figure groceries are something that I primarily deal with so if I go over budget, it's on me and I should take care of it.

As far as I'm concerned, our April budgeting period started on Friday (based on a 4wk budgeting period), and so far we are doing pretty well.  With 4 trips under our belt, we've only spent $25, which leaves us plenty to pick up more fresh produce throughout the week.

Total Spent This Year: $826.29
Total Saved: $1957.98 or 73.28%

No comments:

Post a Comment