Thursday, January 27, 2011

My CVS Trip Today

Today's trip was quite excellent, I must say.  I ended up wiping out my ECBs, and spent about $10oop (out of pocket), but it was a good trip.

Totals:  $67.28 worth of product for $10.27 OOP

Not shown are the 2 bottles of Head & Shoulders (27oz), which I purchased in transaction #2.

Transaction 1:

  • 2 Tilex Mold & Mildew cleaners on sale 2/$4
  • 2 Old Spice Body Wash $4.99 (rang up  B1G1 50%)
  • 3 Clean & Clear cleansers $6.49 each
  • 2 Old Spice deodorants on sale 2/$7
  • 1 Dove Visible Care body wash on sale $1.99

Total before coupons: $39.95

Used the Following Coupons:
$3 Off $15 Skin Care Purchase (from magic coupon machine)
$1 Off 2 Old Spice Deos
(2) $1 Off Tilex
(3) $2 Off Clean & Clear
(2) Buy Old Spice Deo, Get Old Spice BW FREE
$1 Off Dove Visible Care
$18 in ECBs
= $4.33 after tax  (got back $5 in ECB from the Clean & Clear)

I was thinking that Rite Aid had a better deal on Head & Shoulders, so I went there only to find that their deal was on a smaller size and resulted in not as good of a price per unit (I should have looked at the ad better).

Transaction 2:
2 Head & Shoulders (27oz) on sale for $5.99 each
= $11.98
Used $2/2 Head & Shoulders
$5 ECB from previous transaction
= $5.94 After tax

I was quite happy with this trip.  Although I have to say that there is a certain amount of freak out that your brain goes through when you see those totals before the coupons and think OMG! I don't have that much money on me!  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment