Monday, December 13, 2010

Update on Walgreens BIC deal

I just returned from Walgreens where I was denied on the deal that should have netted me 2 free packs of BIC Comfort 3 razors... and I think I just figured out why.

The deal....
BIC Comfort 3 razors on sale for $3.99 BOGO
Use 2 of the $2 Bic coupons from yesterdays paper
=FREE

It didn't work out that way for me, however, as the machine beeped confusing the heck out of the cashier (I'm guessing she's Christmas help... at least I hope so).  She finally tells me that all she can do is call a supervisor.  Mmmmkkay? And the problem is what? Especially since I saw at least 4 random people on the floor that looked like managers of some sort.  I think she was hoping I'd tell her she didn't have to.

I had two different coupons that beeped today.  The supervisor did an override on one, but after reading the Bic coupon told me I couldn't use two of them together.  I don't think that was the reason it beeped. Now that I think about it, I think it's because the coupon would have caused an overage and all she had to do was override it down a penny to make it work. But, since she found some reason to decline the coupon, she did so.

YMMV. And I will probably try again before the week is over at a different Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment