Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coupon Organizer Version 3.1

Ok, I can't say I'm liking my latest system all that much, but it's a heck of a lot better than version 3.0.

Yesterday I went to Publix with Version 3.0 and I hated it. I couldn't find anything. I may as well have not even taken my organizer with me.  Basically, Version 3.0 was just a 3 ring binder with a bunch of page protector sheets. I'd paperclipped all the like coupons together and then put them into the protector sheets based on category.  Yeah, try finding a specific coupon at the grocery store with that system. It wasn't gonna happen.  Luckily, I'd already pulled out the ones I knew I was going to use, so I just bought those items and didn't bother with anything additional.

Then the mail came and in it were my 3 pocket binder sheets.  I'd ordered mine off of Ebay because they weren't as cheap as they currently are on Amazon.  It figures that if I'd waited a few days I'd get them for half the price.  I spent about 3 hours last night moving all my coupons over to the latest system.  It was a huge pain in the butt and I'm only hoping that when I try to go to the grocery store with it, it's less of a pain.  I still need to go through and put in some dividers so that I can find specific categories easier.  But, I did manage to separate all my coupons so that I can easily see each individual one (3 or more to a page).

The problem I'm seeing with this method is going to be trying to flip through these pages in the store to find specific coupons.  It was not easy even sitting the binder in the seat of the buggy.  I had a feeling that just overall size of the binder was going to be an issue before I gave it a try, and I'm seeing that to be the case.  That said, I'm going to give Version 3.1 a try for a little while, just for lack of a better option.  If I find that I'm still not liking it, my next step is going to be a My Coupon Keeper.  I've seen some reviews for it and they are all good (but then it seems like reviews for every system are good). I was concerned about the size of it, but I emailed and found out if is really about the size of a large recipe box (not a huge file box as it appears), and it just the right size to fit in a buggy seat.  According to the website, it's just 5.5"H x 7.4"W x 8.6", so I'm thinking it may work.  I'm just not willing to spend more money on yet another system, just yet.  I'll give it a few weeks.  But, if the feeling of dread I have at shopping with my current system continues, I will probably have to bite the bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment