Monday, December 19, 2011

Free and Bargain E-books for your Kindle

I got a Kindle Fire as a Birthday present from my wonderful hubby. I opted for the Kindle over the Nook simply because I knew about the Kindle Lending Library and I'm already an Amazon Prime member. I knew I could find a few free books for the Kindle and at the very least they put out a bargain book (usually $.99 to $1.99) each day, and I figured that would be enough to keep me reading on the cheap.  I had NO IDEA!

There are so many more great FREE Kindle books than I had any clue of, and thanks to another blog, Pixel of Ink, I've loaded around 200 books onto my Kindle in less than a month. Also, on the Kindle when you go to the Kindle store you'll see a section of the top FREE e-books, allowing you to easily find many more books.  Today, I was browsing around and found one of my favorite books of all time super cheap.  Wicked, by Gregory Maguire.  The standard e-book is around $10, but there was a special edition e-book with bonus material (samples of the other 3 books) for just $2.99.  You bet I downloaded that one quick before it had a chance to disappear.

Even if you don't have a Kindle, there are Kindle readers for pretty much every device now, from your computer to your phone and everything in between.  For a long time I swore I could never give up real books, but now I'm not so sure. If they made the Kindle water-proof I would probably make a full transition, but there's something about that risk of dropping my book in the bathtub.... when it's paper and only a few dollars it's not as big a deal as a $200 electronic device.

No comments:

Post a Comment