Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: Covergirl NatureLuxe Foundation

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've been given the opportunity to be a BZZAgent for the new Covergirl Natureluxe line of cosmetics.  In return for getting to try the product for free, I'm sharing my opinions and reviewing the products.

They sent me both the Natureluxe foundation and the Natureluxe lip balm.  I've now had a chance to try them both a few different times and my opinion still holds the same as it did the first time I tried it.  I LOVE the foundation, but not so much the lip balm.

First the bad.  The lip balm had a very waxy feel to it, rather than being smooth like I like a gloss to be it came off almost as if I was trying to cover my lips in candle wax.  I'm sure there is an increased protection in having something so thick on your lips, but it just didn't feel good to me.  I won't continue using that product.

However, THE GOOD.  I LOVE the Natureluxe foundation.  While I've used Covergirl products in the past, for the last 7 or 8 years I've been using Clinique products (including the foundation and the pore minimizer).  The first thing I noticed about the Covergirl Natureluxe foundation is that it gives me the same smooth feeling on my skin that I usually need the pore minimizer to achieve.  In addition to smoothing my skin out and leaving it feeling very soft and comfortable (not oily), it covers very well and blends well with my skin tone, hiding the red bumps and splotches.

Here are pictures of me both before (with no make-up at all on) and after with just the Natureluxe foundation.

You can see that in the second picture my skin tone is much more even and the red bumps are not nearly as noticeable.  Now, me being the full coverage girl that I am, I still felt the need to use some powder, as well as finish my look.
One thing I noticed about the Natureluxe foundation the first time I used it is that it lasts.  My face gets really oily and especially when it's hot and I'm out doing things, my make-up tends to  just melt off my face. I haven't found this to be the case with the Natureluxe and that makes me really happy.  Where foundation often melts off within just an hour or two or at the very least requires me to re-apply powder over and over again to calm the oil, I haven't had this problem with the Natureluxe.  If for no reason but that, I LOVE THIS STUFF!  Add to that that it's much cheaper than the line I've been using and I'm definitely making the switch!

Another great thing is that the Natureluxe foundation has SPF15 protection built in.  With fair skin like mine this is a must have.  With fair skin like mine you'd think I'd always remember to put on the sunscreen, but I don't!  So any help I can get in remembering is a huge bonus.

If you are new to this line and want to try it but are scared, keep in mind that Covergirl is offering a  "Love it or 2x your money back!" guarantee.  If you don't love this new foundation just send it back with your receipt and they will send you 2x what you paid for it!  I'm really pretty sure you won't need to take advantage of this offer, but it's great that it's there just in case.

- free product was provided to me by BZZAgent, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment