Sunday, April 3, 2011

CVS Trip 3/31 - and why you shouldn't shop when you don't feel well

Despite not feeling well all week, I knew I had to get out at some point and get things done.  I posted my Walgreens trip earlier and there were several more things on my list but I finally just gave up and bought only the items I showed because I just didn't have it in me to focus on the deals.  At CVS I got just about everything I went for (although, again they didn't seem to carry the Clean & Clear body wash yet), I just paid more than I should have.  Luckily, I realized it and went back and corrected the mistake. Evidently, the cashier missed scanning one of my Axe BOGO coupons.




(4) Axe shower gels @ $4.50 each
(3) 3 Musketeer mint bars (only 2 shown, yes I ate one) @ $.99 B2G1 FREE
(2) Snickers Eggs @ 2/$1

- (2) BOGO Axe Shower Gels coupon (cashier initially missed one)
- (1) B2G1 Free 3 Musketeers bars coupons
- (1) $1/2 Mars Easter Candy coupon
- (1) $.25/2 Snickers CVS kiosk coupon

- $4/20 email coupon (had to turn around and go home to print this as I saw on my email literally 1 minute after I left the house, luckily I wasn't even out of the neighborhood yet).
- $2.50 ECB

$7.74+tax = $9.10 - I thought this seemed really high, but it wasn't until I was at the chiropractors office around the corner running the numbers through my head that I really figured it out.  When I left there I looked at my receipt and saw where one of the Axe BOGO coupons had been missed, so I went back and she refunded me $4.50, bringing the final total down to:

$3.24 +tax = $4.60 (got back $5 ECB from Axe purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment