Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tips for Saving on Produce

I just read a great tip over at The Krazy Coupon Lady about how to save money on produce, that was something I never would have thought about.  The gist of the tip is to weigh your produce even if it's produce that isn't priced by weight (ie. pre-bagged fruit, items that are priced per item), as the items typically do vary in size and weight and by weighing the items you can make sure you get the most bang for your buck.

In a way, I do this by "eye" with things like peppers that are usually priced by item, I always try to find the biggest one. But, I never thought about weighing them and I never had a clue that bagged fruit that says "xlbs" just means that's the minimum weight.  What a great tip!

Do you have any great tips to save money on produce?

No comments:

Post a Comment