Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The "Could This Cashier Be Any Slower" Trip

Went to Walgreens today to pick up some free deodorant and cheap body wash, while using my Register Rewards from last week.  I grabbed what I needed pretty quick, but the cashier could not have been much slower (which worked to make me late for my hair appointment).  It took me 15 minutes to check out because this woman felt the need to read every single coupon before attempting to scan it.  I had 3 "Buy Olay BW, get Secret Deo Free" coupons to go with the 3 Olay Body Wash for $10 (and get a $3RR) deal.  Each time she rang one of these coupons it was like she got totally confused and couldn't grasp that they were the same thing she'd just rang and therefore the prices were the same.  I wanted to climb over the counter and ring the sale for her.

Anyway, here's how things ended up....

3 Olay Body Wash (@ 3/$10 )
4 Dove Visible Care Body Wash (@ $2 each)
2 Secret deo (@ $2.99 each)
1 Secret twin pack (@$4 each)
2 Halls cough drops (@ $2.29 each)
2 Snickers peanut butter (@.49 each)
1 Milky Way Dark (@ .49 each)



Used the following coupons
In Ad Q  - Halls .99 each
(1)$2 Off Olay body wash
(3) Buy Olay bw Get Secret deo free
(1) BOGO halls (-$2)
(1) BOGO Snickers peanut butter
(4) $1 Off Dove Visible Care
(1)$1 Off Secret

$11 in Register Rewards
Total (including $2.51 in tax): $4.47 (got back $3 RR)

1 comment: