Thursday, January 6, 2011

What do you do with your money?

For the purposes of wealth building, income doesn't matter that much.... it matters less how much more you make than what you do with what you already have." - The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. & William D. Dunko, Ph.D

Wow. Is that a profound or what?

I've heard Dave Ramsey talk about this book for years and am just now getting around to reading it. I'm actually reading a very old edition of it and am probably going to go ahead and buy the newer edition on Amazon (I waited this one out from my usual source - Paperbackswap.com).  Having read just 30 or so pages I think it's more than worth the money.

One major think it's reminding me is that you are where your time goes.  If you think about your future, plan for your future and think about how you can make your money grow, it will.  If you think about now, and spend like now is all that matters, your money will go away.  It was this realization to a large degree (that we were only thinking about now and our money was going away) that drove us to change our ways.  Reading this book makes me sick to think about how much time and money I've wasted, and how much further along we'd be if I'd just done something years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment