Sunday, December 26, 2010

Coupons Make it Easy & Cheap to Try New Products

My last poll was asking if you'd ever tried a new item just because you had a coupon. 100% of those who responded said that yes they had!

  Last week I picked up two bags of Ore-Ida hashbrowns just because they were free at Publix (with sale and coupons).  You gotta love it when things work out like that.  I love it all the more when the item turns out to be good.  Actually, we enjoyed the O'brian style potatoes so much I had to go back and buy two more bags even though I didn't have any coupons for them (they were on still on sale BOGO).

The other side of that coin was some sort of BBQ pork that I picked up a few weeks ago at Publix. I don't even remember the brand (but I'd know it if I saw it).  It sounded good and I'd had a similar product in the past that I loved.  Unfortunately, this one I did not love.  I popped the bowl in the microwave according to directions, took one bite and threw the rest out.  My husband had turned down an earlier offer to have this for dinner; I let him know he was lucky.  I'm just glad it was cheap... then again I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment