Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Steps Towards Making a Stockpile.

I read about a sweet deal on Free Starburst Easter Eggs from Walgreens over at Money Saving Mom and I had to go and see if I could make this deal work for me too!


I ended up doing this in 2 transactions since the scenario only talked about doing 2 eggs, but I had 2 printable coupons, and I didn't want to "do it wrong." 
I bought 2 Starburst Easter Candy Eggs for $0.75 each.  I then used a printable coupon for $0.50/2 Skittles/Starburst coupon.  I stacked it with the $0.50/1 Skittles/Starburst Easter coupon from the Walgreens coupon booklet that came off twice since I was buying 2.  My total OOP for this transaction was $0.11.  So I did it again.  Total for 4 Easter Candy eggs -  $0.22!!


I headed to Kroger next and scored another GREAT deal!  This week (our sale week is from Wednesday-Tuesday)  the Krogers in my area were running 2 great deals that I had gotten coupons for.  Suave Deodorant was $0.88 each and Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables were $1.00 each.

I ended up with 9 bags of Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables and 10 Suave Deodorants for #6.98 OOP!

One thing I did was to confirm what my local Kroger's coupon policy was.  (Kroger Delta Region Coupon Policy, link from My Memphis Mommy)  They did confirm that I could only use "up to Eight (8) coupons will be "Doubled" per Identical or "like" item per shopping visit. Any additional manufacturer coupons for that "like" item will be redeemed at face value."  I had 10 coupons for the deodorant, so I knew that I would be doing 2 transactions.


Transaction #1 

(2) Suave Deodorant @ $0.88 each
Used (2) - $0.50/1 Suave Deodorant Product, exp. 4-17-11 (RP 03/20/11) (My Kroger doubles!)
Total for transaction #1 - $0.07


Transaction #2

(8) Suave Deodorant @$0.88 each
Used (8) - $0.50/1 Suave Deodorant Product, (RP 03/20/11) (exp. 4-17-11)
(9) Bags of Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables @ $1.00 each
Used  (3) -$1/3 Birdseye Steamfresh (RP 3/6/2011)  (exp 4/30/2011)
Total for Transaction #2 - $6.91



Little by little, I'm starting to develop a stockpile of things that my family uses.  I might have to make more room if I keep getting these deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment