Tuesday, January 25, 2011

.45 Net Profit at Publix (After Tax)

I'd already made my Publix run for the week yesterday and picked up a few bags of Halls on that trip, but then last night I had several more Halls coupons arrive in the mail.  Since the sale ended today I decided I'd better run back by there and use them.  Halls were BOGO for $1.65 and I had quite a few BOGO coupons and just received (5) $1 off coupons in the mail yesterday, making it possible to get 10 bags for free plus overage.

I knew there would be some overage but I was still shocked when I saw on the screen that the total was -.45 after tax.  I looked at the cashier (one of my favorites) and said "Caleb, do you really owe me money?".  He looked up and smiled and said "Yes, I do".

Gotta love it when trips work out like that.  And to think if those coupons had arrived a day later I wouldn't have gotten that deal.

And in case you are wondering, I got these great coupons thanks to friends at WeUseCoupons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment