Monday, September 27, 2010

Rite Aid Deal 9/26/10

My hope had been to end up getting everything free by using the "transfer a prescription and get a $25 gift card" coupon found in the 9/26 sale ad.  The bad news is, I didn't need any refills this week... the good news is that the coupon is good till 10/9.  Since I couldn't use those coupons, I decided to go ahead and get the items I needed since they were on sale.  In order to get the maximum savings, I broke my purchases into two transactions.

Transaction 1
Two boxes of Mucinex Maximum Strength.  Regular Price $22.99.  On sale 2/$40 (plus $10+UP).
I used a 1.50 Mucinex coupon (available via Rite  Aid Video Values)
Plus $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon (available when you register for the Wellness+ Rewards Program)

= Total spent pre-tax $33.50

Transaction 2
8pk of Dove Soap (on sale for 7.99 plus $1+UP)
2 Chocolate Marshmallow Pumpkins (.89/each)
2 Reese cup candy bars (2/$1.00)

I used my $10+UP rewards earned in Transaction 1. 
= Total Spent (OOP) pre-tax $.73 + Received $1+UP coupon for next purchase.


Next time I will do a better job of finding a filler item that is actually something we need.  This time I just grabbed the candy as fillers. I originally just had the 2 Reese candybars and 1 marshmallow pumpkin, but I was .16 short of the $10 I needed to spend.  I'm learning as I go.

Total Spent: $34.23
Total Saved: $23.50

No comments:

Post a Comment