Sunday, December 19, 2010

Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese Review & Coupons

I just posted a new poll. This weeks question is whether or not you've tried a new product, that you wouldn't have tried otherwise, just because you had a coupon.

I'll admit it, we've tried quite a few new products in the last few months only because they were free or very cheap thanks to coupons. For me, prices have to be a lot lower if I'm going to try a new product I've never tried before.




Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese (the stuff in the blue bag). I started off with a $2/1 coupon that I used when I found these on sale at Kroger for $2.25. I'm not sure what the deal was on the second bag and I'm surprised I bought a second bag before trying the first one. However, I was glad I did when I managed to pour the first bag down the garbage disposal while draining the pasta.

When I finally got the second bag made, I did enjoy it. However, flavor-wise it's not much different than Shells & Cheese, but with a bread crumb topping. The instructions give you an "oven finish" option, which I didn't bother with. I just sprinkled the crumbs on top and ate it. It was good and I bought more - but I still went cheap, using coupons to get BOGO or better. I can't see paying full price for this stuff as it's just not that much better than regular M&C, and definitely not enough of an improvement over Shells & Cheese (using the same velveeta-like creamy cheese.

If you are interested in trying Homestyle M&C, you can grab a BOGO coupon here by playing a little roulette style game. You can also pick up BOGO coupons for regular M&C and Easy Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment